Do you want to can clear your head? I offer personal counselling in Edinburgh. You can gain new perspectives and let go of old ways of thinking. Your friends and family may benefit from your increased energy and happiness. Clients often tell me how their friendships improve as they start to prioritise themselves.
Couples counselling helps you sort relationship problems. Do you find it hard to talk to each other? Is there something missing from your relationship? Marriage counselling helps you resolve difficulties without having to see a lawyer.
Psychotherapy helps with more deep-seated long term issues. These include ongoing depression, unresolved grief and childhood issues.
What’s the Next Step?
You may consider therapy because you want help to solve problems that upset you. You may also be worried about someone close to you and want to chat through how to manage to support them without falling apart yourself.
What am I struggling with?
- Feeling trapped in a relationship or marriage where I can’t communicate
- Not coping with illness, stress, anxiety, anger, depression or a bereavement
- Struggling with identity or leaving home
- Consumed by obsessive feelings such as jealousy
- Overwhelmed with a big life change such as retirement, pregnancy, and redundancy
- Those around me see me as happy, yet I can barely get out of bed in the morning
- No idea how to get through my divorce
Therapy can help
No matter what changes or issues you are facing. Talking problems through with an impartial, trained practitioner eases many initial fears.
We can then talk about what you want to change, how you feel you are progressing and what support mechanisms, beyond therapy, you may build.
You do not need to ‘believe’ in the power of therapy for it to work for you, it’s not a magical pill. However, when you start to put yourself and your mental health first, you may find other things quickly fall into place.
Counselling is not the same as other relationships. Click here, to read more.
You can find my practice on Google Maps