Are you looking for Couples Counselling Edinburgh?
I am based in west Edinburgh, in a convenient location with free parking. Find me by clicking here My practice is easily reached by public transport. Here is a link to find out about bus and tram links.
How much will it cost us?
I offer a range of services, tailored to suit individual needs. For further details, please click here
Why should we use your service and not solve the issues ourselves?
Why choose couples counselling when you’d rather sort things out between you at home?
Do you find it hard to calmly resolve issues in your relationship? This is very common and can be easily resolved.
I can help you to learn how to communicate more clearly. Do you really listen to each other? Most people are thinking about what they will say next, rather than taking in what the other is saying. Truly listening can have a powerful effect on building respect, understanding and letting go of often deep-seated resentment, that may have grown over time.
If you want to get to the root of your arguments, see your conflicts more clearly and make sense of repeating patterns, couples counselling is for you.
Marital problems can escalate to legal disputes and divorce which often prove costly, damaging and emotionally draining and time-consuming. Couples counselling can save you time and money, help you treat each other more respectfully and salvage a good connection between you.
What happens in our first session?
With your consent, I will ask you both questions about your past relationships and your childhood and family experiences. You are free to answer as fully as you wish.
There is no pressure to provide information. However, the more background you feel you want to give me, the more I can help.
This is because past relationships often impact on current connections. Knowing this, you may see your relationship with fresh eyes.
You then have the option of change, both individually and as a couple. More choices appear and this can free up energy that may be stuck in re-playing old arguments.
What issues can you help us with?
- Confusion about how you feel towards your partner
- Trust and jealousy issues
- Moving past an affair and deciding whether to split or stay together
- Each partner wanting different things in the relationship
- Learning how to argue more effectively
- Understanding what happens when you feel shame in a relationship
- Sexual tensions, libido problems and incompatibility in sexual needs
How can this improve our relationship?
- Help you to reconnect with each other, by rebuilding intimacy and trust.
- Teach you to implement more effective communication strategies. Then you ‘get’ each other more and iron out disputes as they arise.
- Recognise how underlying issues impact on the relationship. Then you can take responsibility for your own issues and be more understanding about what your partner is carrying.
- Help you re-shape your relationship in healthier ways for both of you. Then you enjoy each other more and have a full and satisfying future together.
How do we set up an appointment?
Get in touch by phone, text or email. I will get back to you as soon as I can so I can answer your questions and find out more about what you need. We can then set up an assessment session. I offer face to face, phone or Skype counselling. I can also offer home visits, for nearby clients who have mobility difficulties. I charge a £15 supplement for this service.